Standing Rule: Click on the photos for larger views.

 

Monday, July 11, 2005

Why Dome Geeks?

Well, here we are. The new blog is up and running - open for business. I (the Geekwif) have spun this off of my other blog (the Geekwif), so that those of you looking only for information and updates on the building of our dome home do not have to wade through the sea of my blathering on my personal blog.

You may wonder - why Dome Geeks? I was trying to think of a good name for this blog and was unsuccessful until I was speaking with my neighbor the other day about our move. When I told him that we would be building a dome home, his reply was, "Oh, you're dome geeks".

It was perfect. The Geek is a geek and proud of it. He works with computers all day and comes home and jumps on the computer again. He has turned me into a lesser geek too. My Mac is one of my most used tools, even though I don't enjoy computers for computers sake. Add to this the fact that we are building a relatively unusual home, and I guess Dome Geeks just fits.

We will be posting updates and pictures as we move along in the process of building our dream home. We hope you enjoy following along with our progress.

4 Comments:

Blogger insaneperson said...

I'm not an architect, nor an expert on Fuller, but I think your dome house's design comes from Buckminster Fuller. He was a famous architect that taught at my college (SIU) and lived in my town (Carbondale,IL) way back when. More info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckminster_Fuller

Monday, July 11, 2005 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Geekwif said...

That is exactly correct. We are working with a company called Natural Spaces and their domes are all based on Buckminster Fuller's geodesic dome design.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 6:50:00 AM  
Blogger Blond Girl said...

wow. You've been found! Congratulations. I like the template you chose; the dots seem unusually appropriate.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 7:00:00 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Yay, another dome blog! In what part of the country are you building? We are building a concrete dome in central Missouri. Drop by and say hi sometime.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home