Standing Rule: Click on the photos for larger views.

 

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The One In Which The Geekwif Can't Sleep

See that time at the bottom of this post? Yes, it really is 3 AM. Today is the 22nd of May – the day the banker is supposed to call us with news of our appraisal. Of course, unlike me, the banker is most likely fast asleep in his bed, not the least bit worried about that call he'll be making to us later today...much later.

I, on the other hand, well I wouldn't necessarily say I'm worried, but I am a bit anxious – enough to keep me wide awake. Oh, sure I could blame it on the fan blowing my hair around making my face and neck itch; or Beethoven the cat, who decided at 2 AM it was time for me to pet him; but the truth is, it's all about the bank.

It's all about that number the banker is going to give us later today. It's all about whether we get to finally build this house after 14 years of planning and dreaming and 3 years of active work: purchasing land, lining up contractors, and pitching our project to banks. These are the real reasons that at 3:17 AM I have been awake for over an hour. And if all goes well, tomorrow will be a much less sleepless night.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home