Standing Rule: Click on the photos for larger views.

 

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The One In Which We Sign On The Dotted Line

We did it. We finally did it. We signed on the dotted line. Okay, I suppose there were actually closer to 50 lines and most of them weren’t really dotted....

But the point is, we have now officially signed with the bank for the construction loan and from this point on there is no backing out. The house will be built. According to our builder, he will be breaking ground on Wednesday and the house will be complete in 60 days.

It’s hard to believe it’s actually happening. I mean, I realize it’s not the dome we wanted, and still do want, but it means that by the end of October (which is not far away at all!) we will be living in the country. I can’t begin to explain how much that means.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around this one, and while I know it’s true, it’s still hard to comprehend somehow. There have been so many set backs along the way, but I really do believe that somehow, God worked out the timing for the best. We may not ever know exactly why now is the right time instead of 3 years ago, but I do believe that He worked it out nonetheless.

As the house is being built, we will be posting photos here. Sure it’s not the dome, but we are still the Dome Geeks. We will probably be making comments along the way, indicating where the dome will sit in relation to the initial house, how it will connect, etc. We still plan to build the dome, it’s just being delayed a bit.

Our journey is not yet complete, but we have just taken what may be the biggest step so far.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home